Table of Contents
- 1 21 Best Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat in Women
- 1.1 Workout#1: Push-Ups
- 1.2 Workout#2: Bridge
- 1.3 Workout#3: Plank Crawl
- 1.4 Workout#4: Squats
- 1.5 Workout#5: Walking Lunges
- 1.6 Workout#6: Burpees
- 1.7 Workout#7: Bear Crawls
- 1.8 Workout#8: Crunches
- 1.9 Workout#9: Single- Leg Deadlift
- 1.10 Workout#10: Side Plank
- 1.11 Workout#11: Stepups
- 1.12 Workout#12: Shoulder stand
- 1.13 Workout#13: Stair Training
- 1.14 Workout#14: Jumping Jacks
- 1.15 Workout#15: Inchworm
- 1.16 Workout#16: Mountain Climber
- 1.17 Workout#17: Flutter Kick
- 1.18 Workout#18: Skaters
- 1.19 Workout#19: Corkscrew
- 1.20 Workout#20: Sprinters Sit Ups
- 1.21 Workout#21: Box Jumps
Dieting and exercise go hand in hand. If you thought that only dieting will burn your belly fat, you are wrong. If you really want to lose weight, you need to include an hour of exercise in your daily routine for targeting and reducing belly fat.
Don’t feel like going to the gym? Try these fat-free burning exercises to lose weight and get into the shape!
You don’t necessarily need a gym membership or some personal trainer to do such workouts. There are plenty of easy workouts which you can do in the privacy of your place and that too with your favorite music.
Here, we have compiled a list of 21 best exercises that can help you reduce belly fat faster than you thought it would take.
21 Best Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat in Women
Push-ups are a calisthenics exercise which is probably the most famous exercise ever. This type of exercise is done by simply raising and lowering the body with the support of the arms.
Push-Ups depend upon a large number of variations and focus that helps to strengthen the upper body and core along with the triceps.
It helps women to strengthen her chest, tone her arms, and stabilize her core or abdominal muscles. This will also help your legs and buttocks to grow stronger and leaner since your legs help support the weight of your body when performing pushups.
Bridge exercise is basically an effective full body exercise that does not require a gym subscription and you can do it while lying on the floor on your back.
This type of exercises help you to activate, tone and strengthen the core, lower back, and hips of your body part. Basically, it helps to improve spinal stabilization as it is considered one of the basic rehab exercises.
Steps To Perform Bridge Exercise:
- First of all, lie down on your back. Keep your hands by your sides and palms flat on the floor.
- Secondly, Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Thirdly, you should raise your hips while maintaining you’re back straight and keep your feet on the floor. Balance your body on your feet and the back of your shoulders.
- Hold your position for 30 seconds and then gently lower your body back to the initial position.
- Repeat the same for several minutes.
NOTE: Don’t forget to breathe in and out when you hold the bridge.
Workout#3: Plank Crawl
Planks are simple exercises for losing weight that can be easily done at your home. As Crawling is considered one of the best plank variations. This type of routine exercises helps you to tone your abs, backs, and shoulders.
These exercises are important to include in your daily workout routine because they are functional bodyweight exercises that can help you to strengthen your core, coordination, and even your mobility.
Steps To Perform Crawling:
- For doing a Plank Crawl you need to begin with a push-up position. Lower yourself down into the plank position on your forearms.
- After that, you should try to balance on one arm, then try to come back to the initial position.
- Repeat this process by alternating the arm and maintain a straight body during the routine.
Squats exercises are considered as a full body workout that helps to tone your butt, hips, and thighs. These are often the areas that are considered by women especially.
This exercise enables your body to be in a sitting position in which your knees are bent with your thighs parallel to the floor.
Steps To Perform Squats:
- Stand tall with your feet spread shoulder-width apart and lower your hips (almost like you’re sitting on a chair).
- After that, pause for 10 sec and slowly push yourself back to the initial position.
- Repeat this process for 20 times for better results.
Note: If you are not comfortable with this exercise or find this exercise difficult, then you should try sitting on a chair and standing up, also you can repeat this process a number of times to tone up your body.
Workout#5: Walking Lunges
Walking lunges are core part of lower body routine that helps to strengthen the thighs and hips. This type of high-intensity workouts can be done by holding a pair of dumbbells in both your hands.
Steps To Perform Walking Lunges:
- Place your hands on your hips, and stand tall with your shoulders pushed back.
- Step forward with your right leg and slowly lower your body until your front knee is bent at least 90 degrees. Pause, then push yourself to the starting position.
Burpees are a fast fat burning exercise you can do at home to tone your core, upper body, and legs all at once. This type of exercise is good for raising your heart rate and putting your metabolism through the roof- and this is the best way to use them to burn fat.
Steps To Perform Burpees
- Start your exercise with a standing position keeping hands on the side.
- Drop down to a squat position and put your hands on the floor.
- Kick your legs back into a push-up position while keeping your arms extended.
- Perform a Push-up and then bring your feet back.
- Push off the ground into a jump, immediately return to squat position.
- Repeat this for 10-15 times for maximum benefit.
Workout#7: Bear Crawls
Bear crawl exercise improves and aids hip mobility, activate knees and aid in weight loss for boys and girls.
This type of exercise works on the core muscles and helps in increasing the strength of your arms, shoulders, and chest.
Steps To Perform Bear Crawls:
- Start with a plank position keeping your arms and legs extended on the floor.
- Keeping the same posture, crawl forward at steady pace.
- Bear in mind to put more weight on your arms and less on our legs.
- Do it for at least 60 seconds.
Crunches are the abdominal workouts that burn stomach fat easier and faster. These types of exercises generally focus to reduce fats from the belly and help in developing better abs.
If you include crunches in your daily workout for losing weight, it will definitely help you in bringing down your pounds.
Steps To Perform Crunches:
- Firstly, lie down flat with your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Secondly, lift your hand and then place them behind the head.
- Exhale and contract your abdominal muscles as you lift your upper back off the floor.
- Hold the position for 3 seconds before inhaling and releasing back to your starting position.
- Repeat this workout for 10-15 times.
Workout#9: Single- Leg Deadlift
Single-Leg deadlift workout helps in preventing your body from the back pain. These types of exercise is performed to lifts and tones the glutes and in activating the entire core stability.
This exercise is good to improve balance and increase muscular strength.
Steps To Perform Single-leg Deadlift:
- Stand on your left foot and lift your right foot behind you.
- Bend your knees such that your right lower leg is parallel to the floor.
- Bend forward at your hips, and slowly your body as far as you can.
- Pause, then push your body back to the starting position.
- Keep core engaged and chest up during the entire movement.
Workout#10: Side Plank
Side plank workout helps in tightening and shrinking your waistline. It works on the deep abdominal muscles which is not possible through any workout.
This workout helps in improving balance and concentration. This is a great pose for strengthening your shoulders, wrists and arms.
Steps To Perform Side Plank:
- Lie on your left side with your knees straight.
- Prop your upper body up on your elbow and forearm.
- Raise your hip until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Turn around so that you are lying on right side and repeat.
This exercise targets the muscles of your glutes and hamstrings to create leaner, stronger legs, and a tighter, lifted rear. Stepups also work on your quadriceps as they require you to straighten your knee against resistance.
Steps To Perform Stepups:
- Stand in front of a bench or step and place your left foot firmly on the step.
- Press your left foot into the step and push your body up until your left leg is straight.
- Lower your body back down until your foot touches the floor and repeat.
- Keep your weight balanced evenly, not leaning too forward or too far back.
Workout#12: Shoulder stand
There are so many physical and mental benefits of this workout. Shoulder stand are performed to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
You can also perform this workout before going to bed at night either directly by shoulder stand or by putting your body up the wall.
Steps To Perform Shoulder stand:
- Lie down on your back and lift your legs and hips off the ground.
- Bring your legs up over your head until your toes touch the floor behind you.
- Place your hand behind your back and extend legs straight in the air.
- Lift your body in a way it create a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
Workout#13: Stair Training
Stair Training workout help in increasing core muscle strength. This exercise is a great way to amplify your glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps and claves muscle strength, thus tones your body better.
Steps To Perform Stair Training:
- With a steady pace go up the stairs.
- And then come down on the stairs.
- Do this for at least 10-15 minutes.
Workout#14: Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks workout help in increasing heart rate help body to burn more calories and due to burning fat, it results in weight loss.
By breathing deeply while performing jumping jacks, blood circulation is improved and oxygenates your blood and muscles.
Steps To Perform Jumping Jacks:
- Start with feet together and hands down by the side.
- Jump your feet out to the side and raise your both arms above your head simultaneously.
- Immediately jump back to starting position. And repeat.
- It’s a little warm-up exercise before you get into real hard aerobic training.
Inchworm workout strengthens your arms, chest, upper back, lower back and abs and increases your balance and stability.
Since your core needs to work hard to maintain stability and proper posture, this exercise can be part of a warm up routine or a core workout.
Steps To Perform Inchworm:
- Begin with your feet shoulder-width apart and tight core.
- Place your hands on the floor as you bend from the waist.
- Now keeping your legs straight, walk hands forward till you reach a high plank position.
- When you reach high plank position, quickly walk your feet towards your hand and stand. That’s rep one.
Workout#16: Mountain Climber
Mountain climber workout helps in increasing strength, flexibility and blood circulation which benefit muscular and cardiovascular fitness. Mountain climber requires you for complete exercise of your upper arm muscles.
Steps To Perform Mountain Climber:
- Get into a high plank position with core tight.
- Bring right foot forward just near to your right hand so that you are in a low lunge position.
- Now step right foot back and quickly step left foot forward.
- Do this in quick progression.
Workout#17: Flutter Kick
Flutter Kick workout helps in burning calories and shed belly fat. This workout is one of the amazing workouts which target on your lower core, stomach and in building adorable and cool abs.
Steps To Perform Flutter Kick:
- Lie on your back with your face facing the ceiling and your abs drawn inside.
- Slide your hands beneath your lower back curve for additional support.
- Now using core lift your both legs so that they make an approximate right angle to the upper body.
- Kick your feet up and down several inches just above the ground. Repeat as speedily as you can.
Skaters is an effective cardiovascular move that improves muscle endurance and strength. This exercise strengthens the glutes, hips and legs and also enhances coordination and balance of the body.
Steps To Perform Skaters:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and slightly bend knees.
- Now jump toward the right with your right foot, landing slowly on your right leg ankle and your left leg behind.
- Quickly, jump towards the left with left foot with right leg behind.
Corkscrew workout helps in keeping your hip and shoulders stabilized. This exercise helps to tone and strengthen the abdominal muscles particularly the oblique. This workout create a slim and defined waistline.
Steps To Perform Corkscrew:
- Lie on your back with your hands just below your lower back for extra support.
- Keep your navel sucked and legs straight.
- Lift off the legs from the ground till it is at a right angle to your upper body.
- Keeping your core tight and legs together, make a complete rotation with your legs.
- Focus on keeping your abs tight throughout the exercise.
Workout#20: Sprinters Sit Ups
Sprinters Sit ups workout is best for functional rectus abdominal and obliques ab training. This exercise helps to improve your body ability to burn fat, lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
Steps To Perform Sprinters sit ups:
- Begin with a seated position with your arms bent at right and angle and your legs extended in front of you.
- Now engaging your obliques to lift your left leg with left knee and bring right elbow towards the left knee.
- Get back to starting position and repeat it on the other side.
Workout#21: Box Jumps
Box Jumps workout increases your strength and muscle tone and builds both upper body and lower body strength.
Box jumps force you to jump high enough that you’re forced to use every single muscle in your legs to get you up onto the box. They burn a ton of calories and reduce fat present in the body.
Steps To Perform Box Jumps:
- Fetch yourself a sturdy box or bench to do this exercise.
- For the beginners, start off with a box that’s mid-calf height and make your way towards higher height boxes from there.
- Face the box with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Now bend the knees, send your hips back, swing your arms back, and swing them forward as you land lightly on the box.
- To return to starting position, step down one foot at a time.
Now that we have seen how exercise can help in weight loss as mentioned above exercise is going to help you in your weight loss journey.
Follow these effective and simple exercise to reduce belly fat and also strengthen the muscle. You can easily do most of the exercise at home without the help of any personal trainer. All you need is determination and a lot of stamina.